Social Media A Problem For Football - Wenger

Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger says social media is becoming a problem in football.
He reckons angry fans getting together in public to confront their team, often after being whipped up by social media, is a growing problem football has to face.

Wenger said: “It's a more common thing now and I believe it will be a problem in the coming years.
“Maybe with social networks everyone's opinions are strengthened with other people who have the same opinion.
“Before, your opinion was a bit more isolated. Today it straight away becomes a stream. People think the same way and it becomes a force.
“At the time I took it as people who were upset because we lost a game and didn't take it personally. It was my function and the fact that I'm responsible for the club that was attacked.
“I didn't take it personally. I was sad and upset more by the result than by the individual reactions of people, which I can understand. When you love a club, you want the results to be positive.
“But that problem, I see it in Europe. It exists a lot in France, with disenchanted people coming out and having an aggressive behaviour.
“It might be one of the problems that football has to face in the coming years. You see it in many countries now, more and more."
- Tribal Football

Comments