9ice Apologizes To Ruggedman


9ice, who apologized to his former wife Toni Payne on January 22, 2015 and stating that she never cheated on him when they were married, 9ice has also apologized to rapper Ruggedman.

In an interview with Sunday Sun, 9ice said “I’m talking in terms of peace and in terms of settling grudges. I’m talking about Ruggedman, I’m talking about Toni Payne and I’m talking about my saga with the press. Whatever has happened as from today I’m putting behind me and setting new standards; I’m living a new life.
9ice went on to speak on what caused the six-year-old rift with Rugged Man. “I think what brought about the issue with the press is due to a song I released entitled, Once Beaten Twice Shy. That song came out at a time I was having marital problems. Some people picked up stuff in the song and said ‘okay, he must be talking about Ruggedman.’ And before you could say Jackie Robinson, it was everywhere! That was the only problem I had with Ruggedman. Let me state that Ruggedman and Tony Payne issue never arose; it was never an issue. I’m mature now. I have a family now. To err is human but to forgive is divine. I’m using this platform to apologise to my friend from another mother, Stephens Ugochukwu aka Ruggedman. And to the press I’m saying I’m very sorry, you guys should just forgive me. If I have offended you in anyway, I’m very sorry.
The Alapomeji singer also said there is a strong possibility of him doing a song with Ruggedman. In 2007 Rugged Man featured 9ice on his single ‘Ruggedy Baba’.

Comments